Thursday, December 03, 2015

#30DaysToThirty: Diary entry from novemeber 4th.

November 4th, 2015

Dear Diary
So yesterday we all realised that the month of November and December was going to be crazy and all four of us would be travelling. In fact, we would be in different places for my 30th birthday. That weekend is NH7 so my sister would be in Pune or Bangalore. Mom and dad would be heading to a wedding in Coimbatore. I was supposed to go with them, because it is Janaki aunty's daughter's wedding, but I just can't. In fact I don't think I can make it to Shyam's wedding as well which is just a day before that. As okay as I am with the fact that marriage just isn't on the cards for me yet, I am not okay to celebrate someone else's special day when I turn 30! Dec 5th should be my special day. All the attention and  limelight has to be on me. Period. So I made a decision, I am not attending any weddings. I am going to stay right here, in Bangalore. I have enough people with whom I do want to celebrate my birthday with. There is Nandu and Sharad and Francis and Ranju. Let me not forget Poove and Amith. I have all the people that I love right here. What more do I need??

Well this is what I thought, but I didn't know that my family had a different plan altogether.

My dad insisted that we go out for dinner tonight. A birthday celebration a month in advance. He was so insistent. Sometimes dad can just be a pain. But anyway, I love eating out, so we got ready and went. We decided to try Imli. Oh man, the bindi fry was just amazing!!! And the sabudana vada too. I am totally going back there for those two dishes. 

After dinner, my sister kept a wrapped package next to me. A birthday gift already? Wow!! In my sister's typical style, she had wrapped it in multiple layers and there was a note on each layer. Oh I have to tell what each note said. 

Note 1: DON'T MAKE PLANS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY (we already have...)

Note 2: Bring in the new decade in a new country 

Note 3: We don't know about spa, but you can spend the weekend with Meena 
Do you remember that I had made plans with Meena last year on my birthday to have a spa session with her for my 30th.  

OMG!! Like what the hell just happened?? You know me. I was obviously in tears by the time I finished opening the last layer of wrapping. In there lay my passport and tickets to SINGAPORE.

I was touched. Actually that would be an understatement. To get a family like this, I must have done something right, right?? I am actually holding back my tears as I write this. 

Wooohhoo!! Singapore here I come!! 


Okay so yes, the cat is out of the bag. As you all read this I will be on my way to Singapore. This marks the 29th post, by the way.

krupa



No comments: