Tuesday, December 01, 2015

#30DaysToThirty: How I almost ruined my 16th Birthday.

By now all of you know that I am one of those people who always has expectations for her birthday and I LOVE planning my birthday. Now when I was turning 16, I took it into my head that I wanted a surprise party (clearly influenced by the chick flicks I saw). Now how does one arrange their own surprise party?? You don't. You just relax and hope that someone will do it for you. Or better still, it will happen when you least expect it (like my 18th birthday)

Try that reasoning with a overly imaginative, super excited 15 year old girl. It just doesn't work. I had dropped all sorts of hints about wanting a surprise party and waited for it to happen. And I waited and waited. I was very sincerely hoping that someone would slip and I would get to know that some planning was happening. As it go closer and closer to my birthday I started to worry. Being the control freak that I am, I just needed to know that my birthday was going to be special, and my mom and friends seemed to be doing nothing about it.

Finally two days before my birthday I walked up to my mom and said that I want to call all my friends and have a party. She said okay and did the necessary arrangements. I invited all of my 10 C gang and so much fun. It was one of the best parties.

Okay so my birthday was done, then I got to know that a surprise party was actually being planned and I had completely ruined the "surprise" part of it. Hey in my defense, how was I to know that something was being planned. I just knew that I wanted to have a good time on my birthday.

I know my mother and best friend still talk about that till date.

And that's the story of how I almost ruined my 16th birthday. Almost.

krupa

2 comments:

Janani SriGuha said...

How can I forget this one :D

misskays said...

of course you can't Jan!!