Sunday, December 13, 2015

On Popular Demand : The 30th Birthday.

So they say that anything done for 30 days becomes a habit. I never thought that I would get hooked onto writing like this. It is beyond just cathartic. I am now addicted. This is my morphine, my vicodin, my cannabis.

It has been a week since I wrote and my fingers have literally been itching to type away. The clickety clack of the keyboard, the words rumbling around in my head till they form on the screen making some sort of sense, the images playing in front of my eyes as if on replay, all of this has been sorely missed. That's why I am back here.

That and the fact that it was sort of hinted more than once that I needed to write about my 30th birthday and how some people had made it totally special. I decided to be generous and make some space in my online world for them.

Okay just kidding. There were no threats made, but I think my cousin and her husband definitely need to be thanked because without them this Singapore trip would not have happened. (that's how thanksgiving speeches begin). Also I know that they were the ones under a LOT of pressure to make this birthday extra special, which they did and this is sort of my way of telling them how much I love them for it.

So what did I do on my birthday?
I went from adult to child to adult again. Confused??

The night before saw me being a proper 30 year old, drinking champagne (not liking it and pouring the rest of it into my friend's glass), getting cake smeared on my face and my beautifully highlighted hair, and getting phone calls from my family. Btw the cake was outstanding and definitely one of the best cakes ever!

On 5th morning, the child in me (more like the nerd/teacher in me) wanted to go the Science centre and just get lost in the midst of the world of experiments and learning. Absolutely loved every minute of it. Maybe even more than my 9 year old nephew did.
Then, since I had taken the rains from Bangalore along with me, we got caught in the middle of a thunderstorm (mind you, the thunder is really loud in Singapore. like scary loud) and got drenched while running towards a food court.

Normally I am like cat and like to curl up inside when it rains, Nope not a fan of getting wet. However I do believe that if you are setting out to do an activity, you must do it justice. I was on holiday. I was there to enjoy and experience every minute of Singapore life and if that meant running in the rain in a summer dress, then so be it.

After all of this we landed back home and one of my best friends (who happens to live in Singapore) took me to this beautiful restaurant, Level 33, for dinner. Like the name suggests, it is the 33rd floor of tower 2 in the Marina Bay Financial towers, from where you are a part of the skyline and you get to see the harbour front etc etc all lit up. Breath taking. The perfect way to end a beautiful day with some olives and good company.

All in all a great birthday. I know my best friend's sister will beg to differ since I did not cry on my birthday and there is a common rumour that Krupa's birthday can be classified under "best birthday ever" only if I have shed a few tears. I am neither going to agree with that nor disagree with that, and end this blog post on that note.

So here;s more trips, more birthdays, more experiences, and lots more writing.

Cheers to 30!

Krupa

P.S nope I am not doing #365daysto31 nor am I taking up the rigorous task of blogging with a schedule here. 

3 comments:

Janani SriGuha said...

:D okay, I guess I'll just have to wait for #31to31 :)

Bukan Saya said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Foto Bokep Maria Ozawa

Thejas said...




Great blog nice n useful information..


Bridal Makeup Coimbatore