Monday, November 30, 2015

#30DaysToThirty: The Preparations for the BIG Day

I know this is the kind of post that most people do when they are getting married- the countdown to the big day. Who says only weddings are important! For me my birthday is important. Period.

And well it seemed apt that on the 30th, I did a post about the preparations involved for the 30th birthday. It is a standard joke in my house and among friends that as soon as one birthday gets over, I start planning for the next birthday, 364 days in advance. Not completely true, but not exactly false as well.

Anyway here are thirty things I have done so far in preparation for the big THREE OH!

  1. Whined about having to spend my birthday alone.
  2. Went for a family dinner 30 days before the big day.
  3. Cried with joy at the beautiful gift that my family gave to me a month in advance (more on that later)
  4. Took up a blogging challenge of a blog post every day till my birthday
  5. Started planning for my big trip. (related to point no.3)
  6. Had a party with an amazing bunch of friends as a pre birthday celebration.
  7. Cut a birthday cake
  8. Stayed up till 4am and felt like a zombie all day the next day.
  9. Got sunglasses as a gift.
  10. Spend hours looking for inspiration as to how I would like my hair makeover to be.
  11. Cut my hair
  12. Get highlights.
  13. Had a relaxing hair spa session.
  14. Got a black dress stitched
  15. Reminisced about previous birthdays.
  16. Went roaming on the streets of Bombay looking for a belt for my new dress
  17. Went shopping for the big trip
  18. Sent loads of pictures to my friends after my hair transformation
  19. Complained about how I need to lose weight.
  20. Researched online about things to do on my big trip.
  21. Got very apprehensive about taking a trip alone. 
  22. Jumped around in excitement when my birthday dress came on the same day as my hair transformation
  23. Got lost on the way Phoenix Market City
  24. Made loads of To-Do lists.
  25. Travelled back alone from the airport for the first time
  26. Told random strangers that I turn 30 soon. 
  27. Started packing.
  28. Texted my friends whom I going to meet on my big trip and made sure that they were as excited about my birthday as I was.
  29. Mentally prepared myself for the idea of my first semi-solo trip
  30. Write out this list.


And we have 5 days to go still, let the countown begin.

krupa

No comments: