Thursday, November 19, 2015

#30DaysToThirty: 3 reasons why I love to hate Bangalore

I am a Bangalorean by heart and soul. I love this city and I will defend it till my last breath. This city has been my home for over 20 years now and I cannot imagine having lived anywhere else. While I have a million reasons to love this place, I have just three reasons to not love it.

1) There's a hole in my pocket, Dear Sally, Dear Sally. 
Yeah I know technically the song is "There's a hole in my bucket" but anyhoo.
Being out with friends in Bangalore means spending a LOAD of money. Expenses just go through the roof. I always spending beyond my budget on food. There is no concept of inexpensive places in Bangalore. Going out = make wallet lighter. This is definitely my biggest grudge against Bangalore.

2) Pitted and potted.
I hate travelling a long distance by bike. More specifically my back and bum hate me for it!! I mean one rain and the roads are messed beyond repair. You would think that by now they would have found a way to fix the roads in such a way that it lasts. Bangalore roads are so bad that anyone with a medical condition should NOT live here, and if you don't have a medical condition, then you will definitely develop one.

3) Weather predicted. Yeah right!
When you see clouds and wear a sweater, the sun will shine and you will be sweating like a pig. If it looks like a sunny day, the sky will darken by noon.
Yes Bangalore weather is pleasant, at times! But these erratic mood swings  makes me feel like Namma Bengaluru is on PMS mode permanently. As much as I love the cool breeze and the warm sun and rainbows that appear, there are times I want to tell Bangalore, "could you please make up your mind?"


Other than this I LOVE Bangalore. I do.

krupa 

No comments: