Sunday, November 15, 2015

#30DaysToThirty: The most annoying student. EVER.

Okay so I'm not one to whine and complain about students. Normally. However I have had the pleasure pain of teaching an extremely annoying kid. EXTREMELY

Fortunately this particular kid used to come home for tuition so I didn't have to see him on a daily basis. Thank God for small mercies.

He liked a lot of drama. He had this high pitched annoying voice where he was always complaining about everything. He complained about writing equations, about his chem teacher at school, about having walk up the stairs, about having to wait for his friend to come for tuition with him, about having to write a test,about having to carry a pencil case to class. If you think I am exaggerating, I am not.

He would come to class breathless, despite taking the lift. Would never call to tell me if he wasn't coming for class some particular day. Would chew my brain with the most useless discussion like why pink was meant only for girls and would cry if I gave his friend a half mark more than him. His ego was three times larger than his mouth and I would find my blood pressure rising the minute he walked into the room. The biggest attention seeker I have ever met. Ever. (In fact I can feel my bp rising as I write this and I am clenching my jaw at just the mere memory of him)

I only had to teach what he wanted. Give tests when he decided and mark it according to what he said. He would argue and fight and whine and complain and basically get on my nerves like nobody ever had. I had this constant itch in my palm to slap him so badly. Let me not even get started with how painful his mother was.

All in all it was a learning experience. I learnt how to control my temper and control the urge to go around slapping people. I learnt how to say no to students for the sake of my peace of mind. I learnt that I am not always going to get sweetheart angels as students. I learnt that parents play such a key role in moulding their children (the mother could not control her child) All thanks to that one pain-in-the-ass kid. *shudders at the memory*

krupa

1 comment:

The Jeromy Diaries said...

Hahahahahha "constant itch in my palm to slap him so badly" :') you crack me up Krupa! Lol