Thursday, November 05, 2015

#30DaysToThirty- I write because....

Apparently 30 days is the time required for as task to become a habit, so or I was told by a friend. (I remember reading it as 21 days, but for the sake of this series 30 days it is).
This is fuelled by a number of related and unrelated reasons.

1) First of all, I need to write more. I totally let laziness get in the way of me writing and all the thoughts that should come tumbling down are stuffed back inside my head only to be pushed into a corner and lost in a black hole.
2) Second of all, there is a 30 day blogging challenge going around and it started on November 1st. Clearly I didn't start on time, so I am creating my own 30 day challenge
3) The third reason is now seemed like a good time as any to get on with a bunch of lifestyle changes including spending some more ME time. 

So a blogging challenge usually requires a prompt every day and I am going to be picking up prompts from all over the place and using it to get the creative juices flowing. 

Moving onto today's prompt- I write because...

I write because it is the time I spend with myself. The time I take to talk to ME, as crazy as that sounds. 
I write because it gives me clarity. I can honestly pen down what I feel.
I write because when my feet can't dance, my pen does to the tune of my thoughts. 
I write because bottling up emotions is no way to live.
I write because the sadness inside of me needs a place to hide outside of me.
I write because sometimes the words I say can never truly justify the chaos inside of me.
I write because when no one wants to listen, I still want to be heard.
I write because the rage inside of me can be be more constructive. 
I write because the happiness it gives me is second to none.
I write because it does what alcohol cannot.
I write because self discovery is an actual thing.
I write because it is what I do best.

krupa


No comments: